28.6.06

Well, haven't updated in a month. Oops.

I'm currently helping Jaci put the finishing touches on the book she's making for her sister. It's full of feminist postcards, articles, pictures, comics, excerpts etc on all this stuff. It's pretty awesome.

Also, the zine I'm working on, the Femocrat, will be published sometime in the next couple of weeks. I wrote an article about feminism in my generation. I don't think it's that good, but the editor of the zine really likes it, so it's in the July issue.

I'm seriously obsessed with Alison Bechdel right now. She's a comic/graphic novelist, most well-known for her strip Dykes To Watch Out For, but she just put out a graphic novel memoir called Fun Home and it's frickin beautiful. Someday I would like to put something that amazingly honest into words and pictures. Here's an interview between Alison and Craig Thomson (who wrote Blankets, which is also an amazingly beautiful graphic memoir). She's going to be speaking at Room next week Friday, and I'm really excited to go and sell coffee for it.

Life is generally good. My girlfriend is ever-increasingly more amazing. We're pretty fuckin happy together, which is great. I'll miss her when I go to Ireland. And everyone else, too. But, y'know.

We're goin to see the Madkings tonight, it should be a good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home